YUM! Seriously, this thing is so delicious, and it’s super easy to make. I wanted to share this jewel of a recipe that I found around Christmas time (original post found here). I made it a total of three times for all of the different family gatherings that we went to. Apparently after you get married your family doubles. ;)
You can make one giant cheese ball or two smaller ones. I found the smaller ones to be a more appropriate size (even for my ginormous family). If you want to make two small ones just divide the recipe in half.
- 2 (8 oz. each) packages of cream cheese (you can use fat free too)
- 1 (1 oz.) packet dry buttermilk ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 5 pieces of turkey bacon, fried and crumbled (I tried it with bacon bits as well. I prefer the bacon bits, because it’s way easier and less time consuming. I used about half a cup of bacon bits)
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives, optional (I left these out)
- pecans, almonds, or walnuts, finely chopped for coating
- Mix together the cream cheese and dry ranch packet. I put mine in my mixer, and it was so easy.
- Add the cheese, onions, olives, and bacon.
- Shape into a ball, and roll in the nuts to completely coat the outside.
- Store it in the refrigerator, and enjoy it with Ritz or your favorite type of cracker.
So easy! I love how it can be made a couple of days in advance. This is what I’ll be bringing to any type of party from now on. It’s always a huge hit. Enjoy!