I PASSED MY MIDTERM! :) (If you want to know why I’m taking a midterm click here.)
So in honor of passing, I decided to share this amazing recipe with you guys. The original recipe can be found here. Everyone who has ever tried this has loved it and I’m not even exaggerating. It’s also a plus that my husband loves apple pie /apple desserts. Too bad I don’t have a good apple pie recipe yet. This will have to work until then.
- 1 pouch of Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie mix
- 1/2 cup of firm butter or margarine
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F, and spray the bottom and sides of a 13×9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix: cookie mix and butter until the mixture is crumbly and coarse. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture, and press the remaining crumbs in the bottom of the pan for the crust. Bake 10 minutes.
- While it’s baking, place cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl and beat with a mixer.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the partially baked crust. Then in the empty cream cheese bowl, mix the pie filling and cinnamon together. (I cut the apples into bite sized pieces). Spoon the pie filling mixture evenly over the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the walnuts.
- Bake it for 35 to 40 minutes or until a light golden brown, and cool it for another 30 minutes. Refrigerate it for about 2 hours.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in the refrigerator. It makes 24 bars.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Thanks for stopping by!